Fully-funded open positions and other opportunities will be posted in the Group News section. If you don’t see anything current there, but are still interested in working with the group as an MSc student, PhD student or postdoc, drop us an email with the following information. Application procedure for a specific position in the Group News section might be slightly different from the one described here.
If you are an BSc/MSc student looking for a thesis/TDK topic
- Make sure that your university/department agrees doing your thesis with us.
- Write an email with a short description of who you are, what would you like to do, and why us.
If you are looking for a PhD program
- Make sure that you are eligible/willing to apply for the Semmelweis PhD School fellowships or external funding. Although the number of fully funded fellowships at the university are limited, external funding might be available through Stipendium Hungaricum (see below) or other means.
- Write an email with your CV, 2 reference letters, a one paragraph summary of your most significant scientific contribution, and another paragraph on what you would like to do with us combined into a single pdf. The topic should be broadly connected to what we already do. The “scientific contribution” might be anything ranging from a conference poster to an interesting dataset, or an R package, not only publications. However, it must be available online, for example at GitHub, figshare, zenodo, protocols.io, etc.
If you are looking for a postdoc position
- Make sure that you are eligible/willing to apply for external funding.
- Write an email with your CV, list of publications, a one paragraph summary of your most significant scientific contribution and another paragraph on what you would like to do with us. As long as the idea is interesting and even remotely connected to cancer and molecular biology, we can discuss. Also, as above, “scientific contribution” might mean different things.
External funding opportunities
These are some of the funding opportunities for BSc, MSc and PhD students or postdocs. Although the chances might be low for some of them, as we are a new group, you can always give it a try and we would be happy to help. There might be other options worth considering.
Hungarian fellowships and opportunities
- Semmelweis University Directorate of Innovation
- Stipendium Hungaricum PhD fellowship
- Bilateral State Scholarships
- Tempus Public Foundation
- Opportunities for PhD students at Semmelweis University
- MTA Prémium Postdoc fellowship
- Posztdoktori Kiválósági Program
- Bolyai János Kutatási Ösztöndíj
- CEEPUS Mobility Fellowship
- Erasmus+ Mobility Fellowship
- ÚNKP ösztöndíjpályázatok
- Kerpel Fronius Talent Support Program
- Stephen W. Kuffler Research Foundation
- Eurolife Mobility Program
- Visegrad Scholarship Program
International fellowships and opportunities
- Boehringer Ingelheim PhD fellowship
- Marie-Skodlowska Curie IF postdoc fellowship
- HFSP Long Term or Cross-Disciplinary postdoc fellowship
- EMBO Long Term postdoc fellowship
- FEBS Long Term postdoc fellowship
Detailed lists from others
The following lists are collected by JHU administration and focusing on US, but might contain information useful for hungarian/EU researchers.
- Graduate Student Funding Opportunities
- Postdoctoral Funding Opportunities
- Early Career Funding Opportunities
Funding schemes, opportunities, travel funding for postdocs curated and edited by eLife Ambassadors.